Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Expectations exceeded

Here she is, Charlotte's Web. My first "serious" lace project.


I could not be happier with it! I might be complaining about this week's miserable, cold weather were it not for the fact that it is perfect shawl-weather and I've had a lot of opportunities to wear my Charlotte's Web.

I keep looking at it, thinking, "Did I knit that? Did I really do that?" If you went back in time to Seven Years Ago Me when I'd just started knitting and showed this to me, I never would have believed that I could do this. I have had Knits from a Painter's Palette, the book that contains this pattern, for over 5 years and the yarn for over a year, because it took me that long to believe I could do it enough to attempt it. Well, I did, and...


Gaaaahhhhh! I just love it, and I can't wait to knit more lace. I can't wait to knit this pattern again, and I will have the opportunity to do so soon, because my Mom commissioned one after seeing pictures of mine. I'm so excited to see which colors she chooses!

In case anyone wants to know, here are the colors of Koigu KPPPM that I used:

darkest: P469
second darkest: P810
third darkest: P403
bright, neon: P872
lightest: P524

I started with the darkest color and worked through the above order to the lightest. The pattern calls for fringe, but I hate fringe, so I edged it in one row of single crochet with P403. I am so happy with my minimalist edging!


Now what? I have a bunch of leftover Koigu from this project and from a few baby blankets and other projects that I've made over the years. I have a project planned for the leftovers that I'll start and blog about soon!

For now, I've finished the sun hats I crocheted for my daughters and have crocheted a flower for each hat as an embellishment. The hat pattern is so awesome it deserves its own post, so pics and details about that next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment