Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prism Pullover and a sad sock

I have the front and back of the Prism Pullover finished, and I am loving it! It's beautiful and really, really fun to knit. This is only my second "serious" lace project, and I am totally hooked.


That's what the front and back look like. It works up very quickly, being knitted in a worsted weight yarn on size 10 needles (the pattern calls for 10.5, but I got gauge with 10). I can't wait to wear it. Now all that's left is two left-sleeve halves and two right-sleeve halves. I'm casting the first one on in a few minutes. I can't wait to wear it. Since it's been in the 40s and has even HAILED this week, I should be able to wear it a few times before it gets too warm. Worst spring ever, I tell you.

Remember my self-imposed sock of the month club (a la Yarn Harlot)? Heh. FAIL!


There's March's pair. Er, the first half of the first sock of March's pair. As soon as I'm done with the Prism, I'm going to finish this pair of socks before I move on to the Rose Lace Stole. This self-striping sock yarn is boring the hell out of me, which is part of why this poor sock has sat this long. Apparently only hand-dyed sock yarn really does it for me. I'm going to make my next few pairs in Socks That Rock before attempting another ball of self-striping sock yarn from my stash.

I'm still working on the Steller's Jay shawl pattern. I hope to have it done by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment