Thursday, April 14, 2011

New pattern available!

My first published pattern is out! The Cave Painting Hat and Mitts set is available at Knit Picks for only $1.99.


It's knit in Wool of the Andes Worsted and Chroma Worsted. With a total yarn cost of $14.96 and a pattern cost of $1.99 it's an inexpensive knit. With techniques such as Fair Isle, an i-cord bind off and a cable cast-on, it's also lots of fun! The Fair Isle colorwork is a very simple 4-stitch repeat, making this a perfect first Fair Isle pattern. As with all my patterns, I hope you enjoy knitting it as much as I did!

I'm so excited to be a part of the awesome Knit Picks Independent Designer Program and I hope this will be the first of many patterns available through them.

In other knitting, I've got two lace pattern repeats done of the Prism Pullover, and I love it.


I'm having so much fun with it. The pattern is complicated enough to hold your interest, while not being impossible to knit while your kids are awake. I use three Post It flags to keep track of where I am in the pattern: one for the cable pattern, one for the lace, and one to keep track of whether I'm on row one or row two of the pattern. So far that system has helped me stay right on track! The yarn is also fantastic. It's wonderfully soft! I hope to get a lot of this sweater done this weekend so I can wear it, and so I can get to work on the Rose Lace Stole. That pattern will take me a while. The Prism Pullover is only my second lace project, but I'm enjoying all that I'm learning from it and looking forward to knitting (and designing!) lots more lace!

No comments:

Post a Comment