Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Color me intrigued

A while back, Knit and Crochet Now!, which I love and DVR, did an episode all about hairpin and broomstick lace. Hairpin lace does nothing for me. I don't think it's that pretty, despite its romantic-sounding name. Broomstick lace, however, is GORGEOUS. I've been thinking about trying it, and this pattern in Interweave Crochet Spring 2011 ensures that I will sometime this year. To the Ravelry queue!


I also want to make the Zoe Cardigan for my daughters. I love granny squares, and this is a cool take on them. Adorable!

That landed in my mailbox a couple days ago, and then the very next day, the Spring/Summer Knitty came out. My Ravelry queue is starting to look like my Amazon.com wishlist... a long, varied, gluttonous list! To the queue goes this beauty, knitted using an intriguing colorwork technique that I haven't seen before, and in a very affordable, wonderful-looking lace yarn from Cascade.

I also love historical knitting patterns. Yesterday I just downloaded two public-domain knitting books to my Kindle for free, including this one. So of course Franklin Habit's beautiful Summer Neckerchief is in my queue now as well.

I have not yet cast on for the children's sweater yet, but I'm almost done with my shawl. Pics once it's blocked. I have been distracted by my new Kindle in more ways than one. I need a cover for it, and you know how I like to make stuff, so I'm knitting a cover for it out of Noro Kureyon, based on Jared Flood's pretty, pretty Striped Noro Scarf. If I like what I come up with, I'll post it here as a free pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment