Sunday, March 27, 2011

March socks marching late and IK Spring 2011!

Well, I've submitted two more designs to magazines this week and all that furious, deadline-bound knitting means that March's socks are going to be late. Like, really late. I am only knitting the gusset on the first sock right now, and it's already the 27th. Ah, well. As always, I have a plan. The next socks I start, probably somewhere in mid-April, will be in one of the colorways of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight, which is currently my favorite yarn on Earth. It's about a sportweight, making it go a hell of a lot faster, and the hand-dyed colors are so insanely beautiful, I don't ever want to put it down. That way, I'll catch up in April!

I'm working on another shawl design, but it's in worsted weight wool, so that won't take long. I'm also dying to get my Prism Pullover started, which being in worsted weight yarn and heavy on garter stitch and lace, ought to go pretty fast. Then Interweave Knits Spring 2011 landed in my mail box yesterday.

Le sigh, le swoon. So much lovely spring lace, some cool pillows, and this insanely beautiful Rose Lace Stole by Susanna IC. The Rose Lace Stole is next in my queue right after the Prism Pullover. It's just so pretty and I have a gorgeous hank of Lanas Puras Melosa Laceweight that I bought about 4 years ago and that has been just waiting for the right pattern, and this is it!

I need more hours in the day to knit. Now that the sun is coming up earlier, maybe that will get my butt out of bed earlier, so I can knit before my kids wake up! (Yes, I am crazy enough to get up early in order to knit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment