Monday, February 28, 2011

Dreaming in Oranje

I love it, I can't stop thinking about it, I dreamed about it ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT.

Oranje.

This sweater is so beautiful and so brilliant. Why was it a "surprise" and not the cover pattern of the winter issue? I haven't made a sweater for me in a few years and I have 4 already that I want to make this year. Oranje is one of them. I'll start it in the fall sometime. I'm a quarter Dutch, I pretty much have to.

I'm going to make mine in one of my top 3 favorite yarns, Socks That Rock Mediumweight. And because of my shy, retiring personality, I am sticking with the orange main color. I'm going to use this for the main color, one of the Raven clan colors for the black and one of the "spirit" colorways for the white. It'll be gorgeous and it'll be loads of fun.

I like this Ann Weaver chick. I like people who have the balls to go their own way and self-publish a book instead of trying to make their ideas fit someone else's criteria. I have her blog in my "Blogs that Inspire Me" section over on my sidebar now. I have a feeling I'll be knitting a few of her patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment