Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daria... la la la la la

I can't look at my Noro Daria Multi without thinking of the brilliant old MTV cartoon of the same name. Or how Beavis and Butthead, where the Daria character originated, called her "diarrhea."

I have my plate so full of designs that I need to complete by not-very-far-off deadlines and full of knitting for myself that I want to complete soon, all I need is a distraction, right?

I was so taken with Nicky Epstein's "Learning the Ropes" knotted necklace designs in the Winter 2010/2011 issue of Vogue Knitting that I HAD to cast on for the "Pendant knot" one. The Noro Daria Multi that I bought a few months ago called to me and I had to start one with it. Since it's a DK weight yarn, instead of sport weight held double, like the pattern calls for, I am knitting with a single strand of it on size 5 needles and doing a 3-stitch I-cord instead of 4-stitch. So far, I am totally loving the results and it's working up fast. It's also not using much yarn at all. I'm going to be making many of these as gifts after I finish this one, which is all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment