Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lemongrass

It's here, it's breathtakingly beautiful, and it's exactly, EXACTLY what I wanted for my shawl design.



It's going to be gorgeous, and I know I'll feel like I can hardly take credit for it, since the yarn will be doing most of the work.

As soon as my husband gets home and can distract my three-year-old, I'm going to get out the swift and ballwinder and wind it into two beautiful balls (giggity!). Then, let the swatching begin.

Receiving this yarn today has prompted me to add another New Year's resolution to my growing list of resolutions (lose 10 more pounds, keep the breakfast bar from being the family dumping ground, etc.). I have 5 or 6 hanks of Socks That Rock aside from this, waiting to be turned into luscious, gorgeous socks. That is an embarrassment of riches. As I mentioned, I belonged to the Rockin' Sock Club in 2009, when I still worked full-time at a very demanding job, already had one kid, was pregnant with my second and we were looking for months for the house that we have now. It was a crazy year, and I only got one pair of socks knit of the 6 sock yarns and patterns that I got in the Rockin' Sock Club. I already had one other hank of STR Mediumweight waiting in the wings before starting the Rockin' Sock Club. So yeah, that's a lot of sock yarn (and I have about 4 pairs worth of KnitPicks sock yarn aside from that... quite a backlog!).

These lovely hanks of yarn need to be liberated from the drawer, made into socks, and put on my feet. Seeing this obscene backlog, I now know that I'm not joining the Rockin' Sock Club this year, but instead will do what YarnHarlot, aka Stephanie Pearl-McPhee did this year and have a self-imposed sock-of-the-month club until all that sock yarn is socks. Then I'll be all ready for 2011's Rockin' Sock Club.

It's a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment