Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fair Islein' and profilin'

There's nothing but feverish holiday knitting going on around here. I finished what I'm calling the Caveman Hat, a hat I designed for my husband and dad. That is, I finished my husband's. I still have to knit my dad's, but since it's a hat and it's worsted weight yarn, it's a quick project.



It's Cascade 220 Superwash in color 900 (charcoal) for the main color and color 862 (walnut heather) for the contrast color. I love the result, and so did my husband. Hopefully my dad will love his, too!

As soon as I finish my dad's hat, I'll publish this as a free pattern on Ravelry. The yarn is fantastic... super soft, without any wooly scratchiness, and it's beautiful. It's mostly plain Stockinette, and even the small colorwork section is easy and meditative. It's a very simple 4-stitch repeat, so it would be a great first Fair Isle project.

Also on the needles for the holidays is a pair of mittens for my sister, who is allergic to wool (the poor thing! I would die if I were allergic to wool, I love it so much.)



I'm knitting them in my beloved Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton, in the colorways nut and bone. (Giggity!) I have one mitten done (I've been flying on it since taking the above picture) and hope to have them done and blocked by Friday morning. She's here visiting now, and I want to send her home with a cozy pair of handmade mittens!

I'm also still crocheting away on my self-designed shawl that I hope to submit for publication. I hope to have that done by the first week of January. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment