Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stash Enhancement eXpedition

Is it considered stash if you have a specific project in mind for it?

My husband really needs a hat, scarf and gloves. I also need a Christmas gift for my dad, and thus a trip to the yarn shop was in order, namely Quintessence, the glorious LYS and gift shop in my hometown of Maple Valley, WA that I've talked about before. My 3-year-old came with me and helped me pick out two manly shades of Cascade 220 Superwash.



It's super-soft and they can get it good and dirty, because it's superwash. I'm continuing with my stranded colorwork obsession, and the hat and gloves will be done with a simple checkerboard Fair Isle motif. Gotta do something manly... I thought about snowflakes, but they're not manly enough. My husband and dad are both big cavemen, so a checkerboard will look great and they'll actually wear it. The yarn is also free of any wool scratchiness, further ensuring that they'll wear it.

In the clearance bin, some Noro Daria Multi has been taunting me for some time. I grabbed 2 of the 3 hanks that are there, and if the third hank is still there when I go back in a couple weeks, I am totally going to grab it, too. It's sooo pretty, and it just said "crocheted bag" to me. Part of it might end up being a bracelet, too, since I saw this pattern on Ravelry. Simple and beautiful! Too bad Noro Daria Multi has been discontinued, it's really unique and pretty.



It was 40% off, too. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment