Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Like to Make Stuff

I'm Sara and I like to make stuff. I have ever since I was a kid. I think it started when I was about 9 and I got a potholder loom. Then I started sewing around age 17, taking a year of sewing classes in high school. When I was 29, I learned to knit. At 30, I learned to spin. At 33, I learned to crochet. At 34, I started to paint.

These are the ways that I love most to spend my time, second only to being with my children and husband. I had a knitting blog once before, but I do so much more than just knit, it didn't really work. Also, all the posts on that blog were written when I still worked full-time, and since I hated every minute of working full-time while being a mother, the posts were often very bitter and angry, and that's just not me. Now I'm a happy stay-at-home mom who works part-time from home, and I do my various arts and crafts in 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there, occasionally stealing an entire hour or two. Here is where I'll document it all, the happy creations, the epic fails, the struggle to get any time to do it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment